$1,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR FULL-TIME POSITIONS!!
Join a great company with opportunities for learning and growth while serving rural Alaskan communities!
Location: 2000 Taylor Way, Tacoma, WA 98421
Reports to: PNW Warehouse Manager
Rate of pay (depending on experience): $18.00 - $20.00/hr.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Referral Bonuses (up to $20,000), and more!
In your role as an Order Picker I or II, at The North West Company International (NWCI), you check all goods received according to established company procedures at our Pacific North West (PNW) warehouse. You also move freight to designated warehouse areas and pick and prepare General Merchandise for final delivery.
Joining NWCI gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary, and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
NWCI is a leading retailer of under-served rural communities and urban neighborhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
• Receive and unload vans of groceries and general merchandise
• Inspect all received freight for damage and count according to company procedures. Report damages, shortages, overages, and other discrepancies to the immediate supervisor
• Off-load pallets while properly securing freight and distributing it to designated areas of the warehouse using various pieces of equipment, including pallet jacks, reach trucks, and forklifts
• Operate hand-truck, stock selector, and standard safety equipment
• Separate, label, and pick grocery and general merchandise orders
• Prepare orders for shipment in accordance with postal and/or airline regulations, including the identification and segregation of hazardous materials
• Maintain all areas in and around the warehouse by emphasizing an organized, clean, and hazard-free workplace
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Operations Manager, Warehouse Night Lead, or other members of Anchorage Distribution Center (ADC) Leadership Staff
Desired Skills & Experience:
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
• 1-3 months of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
• Must be able to follow specific instructions and safety procedures
• One year of warehouse experience preferred
• Must be able to operate computer systems such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, inventory software, and order processing systems
• Ability to learn warehouse operations, including receiving, unloading, distributing, and retrieving products
Opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization are being offered.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
PNW is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates, including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.